Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Saturday, August 30, 2014

5 Beauty Products Worth Paying More For

Hey There :)

xXx

So you're saving (or trying to) and skimping on everything you can, but sometimes- just sometimes- the basic brands just don't cut the mustard. I thought I'd make a little list of the things I've found are well worth paying that little bit extra for.

watermelon - pinks by essie

1. Nail varnish I was recently sent some Essie nail varnish in the colour 'watermelon' from a blog friend of mine, Jen at Fefferbooks, and I must say, it is the longest lasting varnish I have ever tried, and it is so easy to apply, even I can get that (almost) professional look. Rimmel 60 Seconds is brilliant too, and the flat brush is genius!



2. Dry Shampoo Batiste is simply the best. It is the only brand I have tried which works properly, ie. gets rid of that greasy, stringy look and stays fresh looking the whole time you need it to, from only one application. I once used it at the beginning of a camping weekend where I wouldn't be able to wash my hair, and had no need to reapply until I got home.



3. Hairspray/ gel I recently bought some VO5 Mega Hold hair gel spray. Basically, it says 'all day hold' and it means 'all day hold.' It brushes away easily, not need to wash your hair to get it out, you can use it one evening and brush it out the next morning and restyle your hair for the day. And it is Mega hold, that certainly isn't an exaggeration, which is nice for a change.



4. Antiperspirant Deodorant I have found that Mitchum really does keep you dry and they have an unscented one as well as some lovely fresh fragrances, my favourite is 'powder fresh'.



5. Foundation Whether you have sensitive skin or not, it's never really a good idea to wear cheap foundation, especially is you wear it everyday. I don't mind having less expensive powers, although I may invest in some better quality ones some day, but whatever you use as your base layer, so your cream foundation for example, should be moisturising or else it could very easily dry out your skin. You can combat this by using a moisturising face cream or lotion under your foundation, but if you want something that will take care of everything at once, I would recommend Olay Regenerist CC Cream. It combines a moisturising, SPF cream with an anti-ageing serum and sheer foundation which blends into the skin to give a natural look. It's the product I'm most happy with for it's 'invisibility'.

xXx

What have you found is worth paying a little extra for? And what are your secret bargain bin favourites- those products that are friendly on the pocket and actually do their job correctly at the same time?


1 comments:

Claire said...

I swear by Avon's Platinum face cream - it honestly does firm up older skin and at a great price :) And thanks for visiting and leaving a great comment - would love to sketches from your life-drawing sitting! It's hard work posing, isn't it? Lots of concentration needed!

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x