Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Notes From The Garden


Hello.





all done up in make-do 'greenhouses'

Oh the 'bluebells' are out! Well these are actually grape Hyacinth I believe, but there certainly are bluebells about, out in the woods. There are some lovely ones on the way to my beloved's house, which I walk often, but however taken with their beauty, I'm sometimes just overcome with a sense of self-consciousness which prevents me from pausing a moment by the roadside, in full view of passing traffic in order to photograph them; and so you'll have to do with my imitations from the back garden. :)
 I recently bought some seeds to have a go at growing some of my own flowers and veg. I'm still living with my parents and so the garden is mostly the product of my mothers handiwork, but I wanted to have a go myself and so when, one day the other week, she was buying seeds, I decided I would take a few sachets too.
 We sowed a few at Jamie's house and they are already sprouting- tiny little green shoots, it's very exciting to see! I sowed some back here at home too, and the rest just went in today in some new compost.
 So we're waiting patiently for: Love-In-A-Mist, Forget-Me-Nots, Lettuce, Carrots, Pumpkins, Sunflowers, Tomatoes and mixed summer flowers.
I can't wait to see them start coming along!

xXx

Otherwise, this week has been spent singing (Our teacher is really pleased with the progress we're making on Leonard Cohen's 'Hallelujah'); playing at open mic (you can see the photos on Facebook!) and, yesterday, digging on the beach on a day out with the Cubs in the wind and the rain, before snuggling up back at home to watch the Eurovision.
 Well done Denmark :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x