Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Monday, April 22, 2013

Movie Club - Take 1



Hey Hey Peoples!
(can you hear me shouting that?)

;)
So, I'm going to start off this hastily thought up 'feature' with a couple of rom-coms we watched recently, and a brief opinion of each. 
Let me know what you thought of these films or, if you haven't seen them, go and steal one from a friend and snuggle up with a bag of cookies, or a glass of wine (or hey, even both!) ... and then let me what you think ;)

xXx

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

 5/5



A very engaging film, with huge atmosphere. Such a good idea for a story line. It was unsettling yet intriguing and I found myself imagining it was me in the situations playing out on screen- what would I do? how would I feel? and was consequently totally involved. Yes I even cried...
This is definitely one for the 'romantics' ;)
Perfect for a girly night in, or with your beloved.

Starring:
Kiera Knightly 
(who you kind of have to like in this even if you don't usually, like meee...)
and...
That guy who was in The 40 Year Old Virgin
 (actually I should probably get round to watching that too.)


xXx

Silver Linings Playbook

4/5



Quite similar in concept to 'Seeking a Friend', but with a completely different context. Engaging from the beginning and very entertaining.
If you like either one of these you will certainly like the other :)

Oh, and Robert De Niro is cool in this.

xXx

I will be back intermittently with other similarly wonderfully written reviews ;)

(There are far too many smileys going on here...)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x