Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Getting Crafty!


Howdy :)

xXx

So I thought I'd give you a glimpse of what I've been up to craft-wise recently.

Soon it'll be time for our Cub Scout District Camp and, as a Leader in training, this year it's my turn to be shown the ropes of event organisation. Ooh err :/

One of the most fun parts of preparing for camp has got to be thinking up a game for our 'base'. Each Cub Pack runs a game or craft activity for all the other Cubs to join in with, points are earned and what not, and we all have a rip-roaring great time (assuming the sun is out!)

This year's theme for camp is 'space' and I offered to be the creative one, promptly scooting of home one evening after our meeting, with five pieces of hardboard and a box full of poster paints. And these are what I came up with for our 'Land On The Planet' game.

 Mars

 Uranus
 
The Sun

 ... and a black hole- for negative points!

Mercury was duly added to the collection, and facts about each planet were penned around their circumferences. 

xXx

I've also been working on a rather exciting and patriotic craft project which I'll post a step-by-step for soon.
Here's a little tease... 


Well, off out to enjoy the sunny weekend now, make the most of it yourself too, 
and when the sun does go in- get crafty :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x