Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Friday, December 20, 2013

A Festive Passion For Fashion

 
 
 Hello.
 
xXx




 
 
Apologies for the blurry photos, I took these in artificial light (!)
This is an outfit I put together last night for going out to a Christmas do with my parents. The dress is actually a summer dress that I got for my birthday back in the spring, so is quite thin and floaty, but I was going for black and white with red and gold accessories, and my only other black dress was a little too much I thought. It was fine coupled with a warm cardigan.
 
My nails are gold with a glittery red top coat, both drugstore varnishes.
 
I tend to find myself throwing on skinny jeans and a t-shirt most days for 'everyday' wear, but it's amazing how instantly feminine putting on a dress can make you feel, especially if you find a cut that really suits you.
 
I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities to wear dresses during the festive season, I'm looking forward to it!
 
Happy Christmas preparations, I've been busy putting up the decorations today- getting into the spirit :)

xXx

Linking up with the fabulous Lena B and Rachel The Hat!
 
Lena B, Actually
 
 



2 comments:

renae said...

Oh cute and darling dress! I also host a blog hop on Friday too. Come on over and see and hopefully link up, too. ♥

Kari said...

Love your outfit! I really like the black and white with the pop of color. I tend to wear my summer dresses in winter time, too. That way you get more use out of them:) Hope you're having fun getting into the holiday spirit!!

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x