Today is a beautiful day...

xXx

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Write Yourself Happy // Week 6 ( & week 7 & 8....)


Well, it's Thursday, hi :)

xXx

I have many excuses for not keeping up with posting regularly, but none of them seem good enough, I should be better at multitasking, and whilst my time has been spent on other lovely pastimes (ie. working, seeing friends, working, and more seeing friends) I see no reason why, with a little more effort, i should e able to include blogging in my weekly schedule just as easily. I am henceforth going to stop apologising and making promises I don't seem to be able to keep, and focus on actually trying harder.

So, in the process of all this work and going out with friends, I missed two of Shannon's Write Yourself Happy series posts. I am hereby making up my contribution, and concluding my part in the link- up, thanks for having me guys, and being so patient with my poor commitment skills!


May 15
What are your top 5 favorite family memories?
1
Setting of for Cornwall in our camper van, as a child, with my parents, getting as far as Wolverhampton, breaking down and spending the weekend at the Glastonbury festival instead (I was eight years old and slept through David Bowie's live performance.)
2
I cannot possibly choose any particular individual, but meeting all the amazing and interesting people that we came across on our travels.
3
Our coach trip in Tangers, Morocco- a whirlwind tour of a completely different world.
4
School holidays in Anglesey.
5
learning to swim in Italy. I was terrified of swimming up until this point, and used to routinely cry every Tuesday evening to try to get out of swimming lessons the day after. Half an hour's coaching in the Mediterranean sea and, voila, like a fish! (Thanks Dad!)

xXx

May 22Write down 5 things you can do next week to be more present in your life.

This one interests me a lot, I think it's something we could all work on, as a society too. I will update you on how these ones go over the coming week, but I hope I will be able to incorporate them into my daily life completely.
1
Turn my phone off when I know I don't need to be in touch with anyone or waiting for a phone call, especially, when I'm with my Beloved or another close friend. I would hate to turn into that one friend who is constantly checking her phone at the pub.
2
Spend more time with my parents.
3
Put more time aside for crafts.
4
reply to the letter a dear friend sent me ages ago (I am never this late replying!)
5
Make more effort to contribute to household duties at home (I still live with my parents.)

xXx

May 29Think of 5 new things you want to do this summer.

1
Travel the UK (at least part of it) with my Beloved - as opposed to a weekend away in a hotel.
2
Play a payed gig- here's hoping!
3
Get more involved in sport.
4
Learn to save better (ok, this one has been an eternal promise to myself for some time now!)
5
Get serious about studying language.



Happy Thursday all, see you soon :)









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Heidi! We missed you! These are all great! I am amazed at your ability to learn multiple languages. Were you bilingual as a child or did you do all this as an adult? Thanks for linking up my friend!
www.smileandwrite.com

Post a Comment

Hey ho folkies, nice to hear from ya ;) If you'd like a reply don't forget the check the 'notify me' box :)
x